Saturday, February 20, 2010

My Unplanned 2009

I had a list at the beginning of 2009 of ten goals that I would achieve. I am a goal-oriented person but, life doesn't turn out as you plan and changes have been made. When I looked at my final list in December of 2009, I felt like a failure since most of my goals were not achieved. When I recounted 2009, I caught some achievements in there that weren't planned but helped me grow closer to everything I want to become--I just took different unplanned steps to get there.
10. I am two semesters closer to graduating and will graduate in 2010 with a pretty good GPA (after eight years of academic hell)
9. I created a few compositions that got me into a program to work with professional composers in the film industry in 2010
8. I got through intense physical therapy (two hours a day, three days a week for five months)
7. I tried out and made it as a soloist in one of the UVU dance concerts against dance majors. What-what!
6. I got up the guts to audition and made it as a 1st/2nd soprano in a professional choir
5. I got through an entire year of not having any dairy (against my will but what are you supposed to do when you find out you're lactose intolerant)
4. I turned 28 years old on the 28th (how often does that happen?)
3. I was in a healthy, meaningful relationship that I walked away from, knowing there was something better in store for me (for all you people out there who don't get it, that's a hard thing to do)
2. I did the work and, oddly enough, am considered a fluent Spanish speaker now. Go fig.
1. I can proudly say I am better than I was a year ago, in every aspect :D

One year of unplanned turn of events has left me, thinking 2009 was a pretty great year.

3 comments:

Torrie and the girls said...

I'm proud of you! NOt only did you accomplish all those things but you gave yourself credit, looking for the good in what you thought was an unprofitable year, I can honestly say I haven't done as well as you in this but you've inspired me, thanks Kris- love ya!

Jessi said...

You're amazing my sistow!

Heather Bay said...

I like this blog post a lot! You go, K!!!