I had a list at the beginning of 2009 of ten goals that I would achieve. I am a goal-oriented person but, life doesn't turn out as you plan and changes have been made. When I looked at my final list in December of 2009, I felt like a failure since most of my goals were not achieved. When I recounted 2009, I caught some achievements in there that weren't planned but helped me grow closer to everything I want to become--I just took different unplanned steps to get there.
10. I am two semesters closer to graduating and will graduate in 2010 with a pretty good GPA (after eight years of academic hell)
9. I created a few compositions that got me into a program to work with professional composers in the film industry in 2010
8. I got through intense physical therapy (two hours a day, three days a week for five months)
7. I tried out and made it as a soloist in one of the UVU dance concerts against dance majors. What-what!
6. I got up the guts to audition and made it as a 1st/2nd soprano in a professional choir
5. I got through an entire year of not having any dairy (against my will but what are you supposed to do when you find out you're lactose intolerant)
4. I turned 28 years old on the 28th (how often does that happen?)
3. I was in a healthy, meaningful relationship that I walked away from, knowing there was something better in store for me (for all you people out there who don't get it, that's a hard thing to do)
2. I did the work and, oddly enough, am considered a fluent Spanish speaker now. Go fig.
1. I can proudly say I am better than I was a year ago, in every aspect :D
One year of unplanned turn of events has left me, thinking 2009 was a pretty great year.
Eight Months in Eight Seconds
2 years ago